Aspirin is a pharmacological treatment that is mainly composed of two substances: acetic acid and salicylic acid. Due to its composition, this medicine has an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, so it helps to calm the headache and muscle and reduce other symptoms of flu, such as fever and inflammation. However, in addition to being a medication used for different conditions, did you know that aspirin can also be used as a hair treatment?
That's right, aspirin has become a very popular remedy for a few years to combat some problems and conditions in the hair such as dandruff or hair loss due to its different hair properties. That is why in the following article of a COMO, we explain how to use aspirin for hair and its different benefits that will help you achieve a healthier and stronger hair. Keep reading!
Properties of aspirin for hair
Aspirin is a medication we all usually have in the home kit, as it is very effective in relieving headaches and reducing fever. However, it is also a good home remedy for hair due to its following hair properties:
Cleansing properties: thanks to its salicylic acid content, aspirin has cleansing properties that help to clean the hair fibers in-depth and, therefore, improve the health of our hair.
Circulatory properties: due to its richness in acetylsalicylic acid, this medication increases cellular oxygenation and, as a consequence, stimulates the blood circulation of our scalp. As a result, aspirin helps repair damaged fibers as hair grows healthily.
Antibacterial properties: thanks to these properties together with its cleansing power, aspirin manages to combat some hair problems caused by the emergence of bacteria and other microorganisms such as dandruff and dry hair.
Exfoliating properties: mainly due to its texture, this treatment has an exfoliating effect that eliminates the dead cells accumulated in the scalp and, as a consequence, helps to look more clean, soft and careful hair.
How to use aspirin for hair - very effective remedy
Thanks to the previous section we already know what are the properties of aspirin that benefit our hair. To enjoy these properties, below, we explain how to use this medicine on our scalp. To elaborate on the natural treatment, you just have to follow this recipe:
- Add 8 aspirin tablets in a bowl and mash them with the help of mortar until they become powder.
Then, add in a saucepan half a liter of mineral water and let it heat over medium heat until it starts to boil. Then, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Mix the aspirin powder with the hot water and stir the ingredients until the medicine dissolves well in the water.
- When you get a whitish liquid, add it in a spray bottle to make the application easier.
- Shake the bottle where the aspirin lotion is and apply the remedy with wet and freshly washed hair.
- Spread this treatment throughout the hair and then dry it in the usual way.
Use this treatment at night 2 to 3 times per week.
Aspirin shampoo for daily use
In addition to the previous lotion, we can also make a daily shampoo with aspirin. To do this, you just need to have at home:
- Add the pills in a bowl and mash them until they become powder.
- Add in the bowl where we have the aspirin powder, 5 tablespoons of the shampoo you have chosen and stir the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- With wet hair, apply the home remedy on the scalp and massage it by making gentle circular movements to activate circulation.
- When you finish massaging, let the shampoo act for 5 minutes and then remove it with plenty of warm water.
Here’s our top picks for you!
|Basic Care Aspirin Pain Reliever and Fever Reducer (NSAID), 325 mg Coated Tablets, Temporarily Relieves Headache, Muscle Pain, Toothache, Menstrual Pain, Pain and Fever of Colds, Minor Pain|
|Aspirin Regimen Bayer 81mg Enteric Coated Tablets|