Can coffee provide any benefit to our hair? Actually coffee is incredibly beneficial for hair, although it is hard to believe, this product not only works to keep us active and awake or to fight cellulite, but it strengthens weak hair and stimulates hair growth. Do you want to know more? continue reading.
Coffee is a substance with multiple properties and nutrients capable of making quite remarkable and rapid changes in the scalp and hair in general. Its main benefits are reflected in weak hair with problems of falling and difficulty in the growth process.
Properties and benefits of coffee for hair
Hide the gray hairs
Using coffee for graying hair can be a great ally when you want to hide gray hair, the constant use of a coffee mask helps cover, disguise and delay the appearance of them.
Repair damaged hair
Coffee for hair damaged by chemicals, hair straighteners or dryers is a great alternative. The coffee is also used to thicken the hair, heals it and strengthens it from the root to the tips, preventing it from presenting major problems as time passes.
Stimulate hair growth
Making use of coffee to grow hair is one of the best ways to accelerate this slow process. It strengthens the root, the cells, and capillary tissues, making each strand of new hair come much more nourished and strong.
Avoid hair fall
As I mentioned before, coffee strengthens and nourishes the scalp and each strand of hair, helping in this way to reduce and completely prevent hair loss.
This is why the use of caffeine in hair products has increased, especially in those used to avoid falling.
Thanks to its astringent and antibacterial properties, coffee has become a very advantageous product for those who suffer from dandruff, irritation or itching of the scalp, helps control the production of sebum, while protecting the scalp, eliminates and prevents dandruff.
What types of hair should use coffee?
Coffee for curly hair is highly recommended, helps to fix the curls more easily, providing softness and shine. Therefore you can use some coffee mask for curly hair because you could use it very well.
Some people say that the coffee to straighten the hair turns out to be a marvel, but coffee does not really have properties capable of straightening the hair, however, if it manages to preserve the smoothness and manageability of straight hair.
If your hair is straight you can use it quietly to keep it soft, shiny, strong and with the necessary nutrients.
Using coffee for blond hair can be a serious mistake if you want to keep your tone clear, the coffee to lighten the hair does not work, on the contrary, it usually goes darkening little by little.
If you do it constantly, which means that you can take advantage of the properties of caffeine by applying masks once or twice a month.
Using masks with caffeine in dark hair helps intensify the tone that sometimes is usually opaque, that is to say, that coffee for black hair or dark chocolate tones is highly recommended, in addition to providing nutrients and strengthening it will maintain the perfect tone.
How to use coffee to dye hair?
Using coffee to dye hair is an easy way to strengthen the dark tone and cover the gray hair in a more natural, chemical-free and economical way. Here I show you the best recipe for coffee hair dye.
- Add a cup of coffee powder to your coffee maker next to three cups of water, once ready preserves the liquid without adding sweetener. Then wash your hair as you do eventually.
- When it is no longer dripping but still wet, drop the liquid coffee in the hair, without losing it, that is, having a container on the bottom to keep it and repeat the procedure two or three times.
- Gently massage the scalp for a couple of minutes and let it rest for half an hour. Finally, rinse and apply shampoo again. Repeat the process twice a week until you get the desired tone.
Coffee Hair masks for hair
Cinnamon and coffee hair mask
Used the cinnamon and coffee hair mask of to grow hair, The result will can see in a very short time.
- Combine a cup of coffee powder with two tablespoons ground cinnamon, then add three cups of neutral shampoo and mix well.
- Store the mixture in a container with its respective lid and apply to the hair in the same way you do with your common shampoo. It is recommended to use the shampoo two or three times a week.
Hair coffee oil
The olive oil or coconut oil and coffee for the hair is highly recommended to accelerate the growth as well as the cinnamon mask.
- Mix 1/2 cup of coconut oil or olive oil and 1/3 cup of ground coffee, keep in a jar with a lid for three weeks.
- After this period of time, you must strain the contents and keep the oil in a container with a different lid.
- Apply to the scalp while the hair is dry, massage gently and leave for half an hour, to combat the split ends apply a small amount of coffee oil in it.
- You can also apply it to wet hair, place a warm towel for 25 minutes and rinse with plenty of warm water.
Hair coffee shampoo
An option to use the coffee and obtain its benefits in the hair is within the shampoo that you use regularly. It is quite simple and most of its benefits will be obtained. For this you have two options:
You only have to add 1/4 cup of coffee prepared inside your bottle of shampoo, mix very well so that it is fully incorporated and used as you do eventually.
The other option is to take the appropriate amount of shampoo to carry out the washing, place it in an open container and add a spoonful of ready coffee, stir well until you get a homogeneous paste and wash your hair as usual.