Does rice water really work for hair growth? This natural remedy has been used since ancient times by Asian women to wash and rinse their hair and get, after application, a much longer, strong, shiny and beautiful mane. The truth is that in its nutritional composition are very important nutrients for hair care and to treat some of the problems or factors that can damage it, such as dandruff, pollution, dehydration, aging, chemicals, etc. If you want to know what is the hair treatment par excellence for women of different Asian cultures to wear a hair so long, smooth and radiant, This article will show you how to make rice water for hair step by step.
Different ways of preparing rice water for hair
1.Soak the rice
- Take half a cup of raw rice and wash it well with the help of a colander.
- Place the rice in a bowl, pour three cups of water and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Filter the obtained liquid in a clean container.
2.Ferment the rice
The water of fermented rice is the richest in beneficial properties for our hair and you can obtain it in a very simple way.
- Place the rice in a bowl of water and let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain the rice and let the water rest, at room temperature, for one or two days.
- When bubbles begin to appear and you feel a sour smell, boil the water and let it cool.
3.Boil the rice:
- In a pot, put 100 gram of rice in about a liter of water.
- Cook the rice until the water is boiling and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Add it and let the solution cool, then filter it with a colander.
Benefits of fermented rice water for hair growth
Fermented rice water is a liquid rich in essential nutrients, such as vitamins B, D and E, calcium, iron, fiber, potassium, magnesium and zinc, which help to take care of hair from the skin. interior naturally and, among other things, favor hair growth and make it look with much more strength, softness and shine. Take note of the main properties of fermented rice water for hair and find out why Asian women have used this liquid as a beauty product for so long:
- It contains inositol, a carbohydrate that repairs damaged and damaged hair and gives it a lot of elasticity and softness.
- Its antioxidant components favor cell renewal and blood circulation in the scalp, which allows the hair follicles to be more nourished and, therefore, the hair grows in greater quantity, stronger and more resistant. The same antioxidants are those that also prevent capillary aging, so it is possible to dazzle with a radiant, healthy hair full of life for longer.
- It has amino acids and proteins that give more strength to the hair root, which is ideal to wear a smoother, more resistant and very shiny hair.
- It helps to remove dead cells from the scalp and to fight the dandruff favoring the elimination of desquamation.
- Repairs open ends and hydrates more dehydrated and damaged hair.
- Prevents hair strands from breaking easily and reduces frizz.
- Protects the scalp and keeps it healthy avoiding irritation.
How to make rice water for hair growth
If you want to strengthen your hair and get all the previous benefits to look healthier and more beautiful than ever, nothing better than to start using rice water as a regular hair treatment. For this, you just have to follow this rice water for hair growth recipe
- Pour the 4 cups of mineral water into a saucepan or pot and place it on the fire.
- Wait until the water starts to boil.
- When it reaches the boiling point, add 1/2 cup of rice and let it cook for about 20 minutes over low heat.
After that time, strain the rice and reserve the remaining liquid from the cooking in a glass container, like a bottle. It will be this liquid that you will use to beautify and strengthen your hair.
- Once the rice water has cooled, you can keep it in the refrigerator until the moment you are going to use it as a hair treatment. If you keep it in the fridge, you can store it and use it for about 7 days.
How to use rice water for hair growth
Before starting to use rice water for hair growth, it is important to pay attention to what type of hair we have for the application of this treatment to give good results. Therefore, you must take into account the following:
- If your hair is normal, it will be enough to apply the water of rice from medium to ends.
- In the case that your hair is dry, it is best to apply it in all areas, ie from the scalp to the tips to hydrate deeply.
- Now, if your hair is oily, to avoid greasing even more, it is advisable that you make the application only at the ends.
Rice water treatment for hair growth
- To start, wash your hair with shampoo as you usually do and rinse.
- Use the rice water you have prepared as a capillary rinse.
- Pour the rice water through the hair or the areas of this you want to treat and massage with your fingers so that it penetrates well into the hair fibers.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes.
- After that time, rinse the hair with plenty of warm water and that’s it!
You can also apply the water of rice in the hair as if it were a conditioner, for this you just have to mix it with a few drops of rosemary or lavender oil, apply the mixture all over the hair after washing it, leave it on for 10 minutes and, finally, remove with plenty of water. Both rosemary oil and lavender oil are two products that help make hair grow and keep it stronger and radiant.
Keep in mind that not all women have the same type of hair is for this reason that according to the problems of each one, in particular, the application is individualized. It is of great importance to remember that the benefits of natural remedies are efficient to give the correct use to the same and this way you will get a healthy, shiny, smooth hair and full of life in a few minutes. So women to follow the advice to have that mane that you long for following the tips.