The flower of hibiscus or jamaica as it is also known as one of the plants most used and recommended to reduce and combat problems in the hair and scalp, just as flowers, their roots, and leaves are also widely used to solve problems present in our hair
Each of the parts of this wonderful plant plays an important role for the treatment of the scalp, however today I will share the benefits and properties offered to the hair of the flower of hibiscus, I also share some masks and the correct way to use them.
Benefits and properties of the hibiscus flower for hair
The hibiscus flower is a wonderfully effective home remedy to treat different hair problems and this is due to its high content of nutrients, including vitamins A and C, amino acids, collagen stimulants (alpha hydroxy acids). Among the most known benefits of the flower of Jamaica are:
The hibiscus flower is one of the most effective methods to combat scalp dandruff, it can be used as a tonic by mixing the flowers of Jamaica with apple cider vinegar, the latter has astringent properties that together with the antiseptic properties of The hibiscus flower will give its results from day one.
Mix 1 Tbsp of hibiscus flowers (dried and powdered) with 1/4 Cup of apple vinegar and then apply on the scalp, massage gently with the fingertips. Leave for 20 minutes. After this time, wash your hair as you normally do and repeat the procedure twice a week.
Prevents hair loss
The jamaica flowers will also help you to stop hair loss, it has become one of the few effective home remedies to avoid baldness, it is applied on the scalp in the form of shampoo and if you use it constantly you will notice great changes in Little time.
- In a bowl place, 12 leaves and 8 flowers of hibiscus then add the 1 cup of boiling water, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Then strain and add 1 Tbsp flour, stir well so that it is fully incorporated, applied to the hair especially on the scalp, let stand for 10 minutes and rinse.
Hibiscus flower hair mask
The mask based on hibiscus flowers is able to stimulate hair growth, strengthening the hair fibers from the root to the tips. The new strands come healthy, strong and thick, which means that you will hardly lose strands of hair.
- Crush 4 leaves and 2 flowers of hibiscus, then add the 3 Tbsp natural yogurt and mix very well to form a homogeneous paste.
- Apply over all the hair, starting with the roots and ending in the tips, it is important that you give very gentle circular massage to activate the hair follicles.
- Leave for an hour and a half and then remove with plenty of water and a mild shampoo. Repeat twice a week.
Relieves scalp dryness
It is a very good remedy to nourish hair, eliminate frizz, provide shine and everything to combat the dryness of the scalp, the flower of Jamaica is a wonder for the hair, try the next mask to get the benefits mentioned.
- Process the 8 leaves and 8 flowers of hibiscus to form a very fine powder. While you are heating the coconut oil over low heat before it boils add the powder and mix constantly.
- Cover, let cook for five minutes and then remove from heat. Once cold keep it in a container.
- Apply a little on the hair, starting at the root and ending at the ends, massage and leave for 40 minutes. Then remove with water and mild shampoo.
Eliminates damaged and open points
The split ends and damage is one of the most common problems that our hair can present, they appear because we do not give the necessary care and attention that it requires. Below I show you a fairly simple mask that you can use to combat this problem.
- Crush 10 jamaica flowers and add 1/2 cup of water little by little as you go crushing, continue grinding to form a paste.
- Then apply the paste on the scalp and let it stand for 60 minutes. Then remove with shampoo and plenty of water. Repeat twice a week.
How to make a conditioner with hibiscus flower?
Preparing a conditioner based on hibiscus flowers may require a little more steps and more complex compared to previous masks, however, it is not at all difficult. This conditioner is highly recommended to restore shine and vitality to hair, especially dry and dehydrated scalp.
3 Tablespoons of jamaica flower (crushed)
5 Tablespoons of aloe vera gel
3 Tablespoons of coconut milk
3 Tablespoons of natural yogurt
3 Tablespoons organic honey
1. You must mix all the ingredients to form a homogeneous paste, consistent and somewhat thick. Then apply on the hair from medium to ends and let it stand for half an hour.
2. Rinse with plenty of water preferably warm, use the conditioner each time you wash your hair.
The flowers of jamaica or hibiscus flowers are wonderful to combat various hair problems, so when you have the opportunity to test these masks, they promise very positive properties and benefits for the scalp and hair. The more constant you are the faster you will get the results.